It is with a truly heavy heart that we contact you today to inform you that we have had to make the very difficult decision to permanently close the Oxford studio.
We understand this news will come as a huge disappointment to our Oxford members, our Oxford team and the wider business. There are no words for our disappointment in having to make this decision, except to say we are heartbroken.
The last two years have seen us have to navigate our way through multiple lockdowns, reduced capacity, staff shortages, unpredictable trading and a continued lack of visibility. Sadly, the arrival of the Omicron variant and subsequent reintroduction of Work from Home guidance with no government support, coupled with challenges with our Cantay House landlord, has made it unviable to continue to operate the studio.
This is the worst of decisions to have to make, especially after enduring the worst of the crisis and with the promise of recovery, but the gravity of the situation for the business has forced our hand. We have tried our absolute best to keep the show going and from our hearts, we are deeply sorry.
We would like to say a huge, huge thank you to every member of the team who has worked at Digme Oxford since we opened our doors in November 2016. We would also like to say an equally big thank you to all the members who have welcomed us so warmly into the Oxford community and attended our classes at the studio and on Digme at Home.
We hope you will continue to be part of the Digme community.
We would love to you not have your journey with Digme to end here, and if you are not already a member, we would like to invite you to join Digme at Home, which includes classes taught by some of our Oxford team, including Gareth and Claudia. Digme at Home offers over 75 live classes a week in Cycle, HIIT, Strength and Yoga, as well as a library of on demand classes that can be streamed anytime, anywhere. If you have a Keiser m3i or Wattbike, our Digme at Home App is designed to give you real-time performance metrics at home.
If this is something that you are interested in exploring, we have put together some exclusive offers for you below, including a refurbished bike where you can split your payment over three easy instalments using Klarna.
If you have any questions about the closure to Digme Oxford, please continue to our FAQs which will hopefully provide the answers you need.
We are devastated that our Oxford journey has (at least temporarily) had to end this way. We hope we will see you online and that you will visit us in our other studios so we can continue to sweat and have fun together.
What does this mean for my outstanding Digme credits?
We have 5 exclusive offers for you to choose from:
1) We will double the number of credits you have to use in any of our studios - Bank, Blackfriars (from 26th Jan 2022), Covent Garden, Fitzrovia, Moorgate or Richmond. We appreciate these studios are likely to be less convenient for you, so we will happily increase the expiry dates by 6 months to ensure you have sufficient time to use them.
2) Work out from home with us. Exchange the value of your credits (+ 50% extra free credit) for a Digme at Home subscription that will give you access to live and on demand Cycle, HIIT, Strength and Yoga classes with your favourite Digme instructors, including Gareth and Claudia! Available from just £8 a month.
3) Get your own Digme bike at home. Put the value of your credits (+ 50% extra free credit) towards a refurbished Digme at Home bike purchase. For just £949 (which you can split across three easy instalments with Klarna), you'll be able to own a <1 year old refurbished m3i lite Keiser bike and get FREE access to Digme at Home for 3 months. Plus you'll be able to connect your bike to the Digme App to receive class stats during our live and on demand cycle classes.
4) Spend the value of your credits (+ 50% free credit) in the Digme Shop and treat yourself or a friend to something special! We've got lots of goodies for you to choose from, including One Green Bottle waterbottles, La Pochette gym pouches, Hyperice Hypervolts, cycling shoes or a mat for your home gym.
5) Give the gift of fitness to your credits to a friend - we will swap your credits for a gift card of the same value.
Please contact us at email@example.com to let us know what option you would like to go ahead with and with any queries you may have.
We aim to get back to you as soon as possible, however please be aware that it may take up to three working days.
What happens to my subscription?
If you have a Studio only subscription, we will automatically cancel this for you over the next few days.
If you have a Digme at Home subscription, this will remain unchanged.
If you have a Hybrid, Best of Both or Ultimate Unlimited subscription which gives you access studio and online classes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if you would like to move to a Digme at Home subscription.
What if I would like to get a refund on my existing credit instead of exchanging my credit?
We recognise that some members may still wish to pursue a refund. For those that do, we will do our upmost to process refund requests quickly, however refunds may take longer than usual to process. Please bear with us.
We can offer the following refund options:
1) Class Credit Packs - Refund your remaining credits on a pro rata basis e.g. if you have 5 credits and have used 2, we will refund you the remaining 3 credits.
2) Subscription Packs - Back date the cancellation of your subscription to 22nd December and refund you the remaining days in your subscription.
We can only refund credits which have been paid for. Any credits issued complimentary as part of a promotion or as a gesture of goodwill have no value associated.
If your credits are passed their original expiry dates (the original expiry term you agreed to at the point of purchase) but are still showing as active because a Digme team member has extended your credits as a goodwill gesture (various reasons apply), these credits are not eligible for a refund. We can only offer refunds on class credits within their original expiry terms.
Which account will you process my refund to?
We will refund to the account you made the payment on. We are unable to pay back the refund by any other method or account.